FULL TIME TEMPORARY
Job Title: Seasonal General Operative
Head Office (Base Location) : 65a Marble Arch Road, Florencecourt, Co. Fermanagh BT92 1DE
Accountable to: Operations Supervisor & Projects Co-Ordinator
Duration: Seasonal Position; 4-month contract commencing 04 May 2021
(Successful applicants will be required to attend an Induction Day scheduled for 30 April 2021)
Greentown Environmental Ltd are seeking to recruit a number of seasonal General Operatives to assist within the Weed Control Division for the upcoming weed spraying season, commencing May 2021. The successful applicants will operate both mechanical and manual equipment on areas contracted to Greentown Environmental Ltd across both Northern and Southern Ireland. Successful candidates will receive full training on the use of ATV spraying equipment and manual knap-sack spraying equipment, along with the application of herbicides used to control weeds. Applicants to the role will be required to have a flexible approach to working hours due to the nature of the role requiring regular travel from our Head Office location across Northern and Southern Ireland, as well as the weather requirements for the application of herbicides.
▪ Operation of both manual and mechanical equipment within the Weed Control division
▪ Operation of any other mechanical equipment as and when required.
▪ Co-operate fully with instructions and advice given by the Operations supervisor or Project Co-Ordinator on site
▪ Listen carefully to the directions of the Crew Supervisor; carry out those directions as instructed.
▪ Operate in a professional and safe manner at all times.
▪ Be Risk Aware and have the ability to identify and implement safe systems of work.
▪ Carry out a range of duties in accordance with Company standards and contract specifications.
▪ Ensure that all Personal Protective Equipment and Uniform is worn at all times.
▪ Comply with all Company policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality, the Integrated Management System and your own General Terms and Conditions of Employment
This job description is not definitive, and the post holder may be required, in light of changes within the organisation, to undertake duties as assigned in
accordance within their role.
Please note CV's will not be accepted for this role.