Job Title: Tree Surgeon
Base Location : 221a Hillhall Road, Lisburn, Co. Antrim, BT27 5JA
Accountable to: Operations Supervisor
Duration: Full time appointment, subject to satisfactory probationary period
The successful applicant will have the relevant chainsaw courses and relevant industry experience. The ability to work with a small mobile team engaged in tree work is essential and the successful applicant will have the ability to delegate work alongside working on their own initiative. The successful applicant will need to be flexible, reliable and have a thorough, proven knowledge of all aspects of tree work, holding the requisite NPTC Certificates and a full manual driving license.
- Operation of both manual and mechanical equipment and the supervision of employees using machinery within the Tree Work division of the company.
- From time to time, the operation of both manual and mechanical equipment and the supervision of employees using machinery within the following areas:
• Grounds Maintenance
• Weed Control
• Gully Cleaning and Jetting
• Winter Maintenance
- Operation of any other mechanical equipment as and when required, and the supervision of employees operating machinery
- Carry out routine maintenance of equipment and ensure employees are carrying out said maintenance
- Co-operate fully with instructions and advice given by the Management Team
- Listen carefully to the directions of the Operations Supervisor and carry out those directions as instructed
- Operate in a professional and safe manner at all times
- Be Risk Aware and have the ability to identify and implement safe systems of work
- Carry out a range of duties in accordance with Company standards and contract specifications
- Ensure that all personal protective equipment is worn during the operation of manual and mechanical machinery
- Comply with all company policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality, the Integrated Management System and your own General Terms and Conditions of Employment.
- CS30 & 31 Certification
- Minimum of 6 months tree surgery experience
- Full Driving Licence
- Woodchipper Certification
- Strong team working skills
- Supervisory Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Health & Safety Conscious
- Aptitude for operating and maintaining plant and machinery
- Category BE Licence (Trailer)
- Category C Licence (LGV)
- PA1A or PA6AW - Weed Control
- CS38 & CS39 Chainsaw
This job description is not definitive, and the post holder may be required, in light of changes within the organisation, to undertake duties as assigned in accordance within their role.
Please note this role is application form only and CV’s will not be accepted.